We’ll be closing our doors for two weeks during the Christmas and New Years period. Our closure will be from the 24th of December to the 3rd of January (first day back on Tuesday).
As the weather warms up as we head into the summer months, it is a great time to head out and about in Sydney with your children over upcoming holidays. Here are a few things that you can do during the end of year holidays.
- Watch a musical: Madagascar the Musical will be on stage at the Sydney Coliseum Theatre from December 16 to January 1 2023!
- Art experience: Visit Van Gogh Alive! This immersive art experience involves a meticulously assembled multi-screen audio-visual presentation that takes you through Van Gogh’s art practice!
- Visit the aquarium: Sea Life Sydney Aquarium is great for kids of all ages, and a good time for parents too, they are open seven days a week during the school holidays.
- Try out a Ninja Warrior obstacle course or trampoline park: Ninja Warrior Sydney located in Marrickville are opened during the schools holidays and have full day camps including food and also activities available which is great for older children aged 6-12. Ninja Parc in South Granville also offer similar school holiday programs. If you aren’t looking for a full day session then Filp Out trampoline parks offers sessions for a couple hours.
- Kid cafes with a playground: Kid cafes are great as they have a variety of indoor play spaces for younger children. Depending on which kids cafes you go to, some cafes have a visit fee and some have free entry. Here are a few options in the Sydney area:
- Tada kids cafe in Ryde
- Cuto kids cafe in Wentworth Point
- Babyccino kids cafe in Hurstville
- KiddoKove kids cafe in Hornsby
- Kidsday premium cafe in Meadowbank
- Ho’me kids cafe in Rhodes
- Visit a waterpark or aquatic centre: There’s a few different water parks that you can visit in Sydney. Raging waters in Blacktown or Cables Aqua Park in Penrith are both open during the school holidays.
- Golden Rridge Animal farm: Visit the farm animals at Golden Ridge Animal Farm located in Dural! This is a great experience for children to learn about the different feathered farm animals and also interact with the animals through cow milking, bottle feeding baby lambs and goats! Bookings are required if you'd like to visit the farm.
- Christmas light: Going for a drive around your neighbourhood to see the Christmas lights, otherwise if you’re wanting to go to the areas with even more lights then visit the following suburbs to be blown away:
- Asquith: Lockwood Lights
- Belrose: 36 Childs Circuit
- Berowra: Richards Close
- Castle Hill: Excelsior Ave
- Cremorne: Rangers Road
- Dural: Jenner Road
- Hornsby Heights: Sydney Road, Ryan Ave
- Lane Cove
- North Ryde: Chauvel Street & Cutler Parade
It doesn’t matter what you get up to these summer holidays, just remember to enjoy the time with your family and friends! Wishing you all an amazing holiday filled with lots of love and happiness.